Collier County Museums are dedicated to offering a wide variety of educational programs designed to bring out everyone’s inner historian. From the enduring Calusa to the hardworking pioneers, our educational programs offer a greater understanding of the rich history of Southwest Florida.
Teacher Information: School & Home School Programs
The Collier County Museums offer an exciting, curriculum-based learning experience that will introduce your students to the rich history of Southwest Florida. Grade level appropriate guided tours and activities bring the basics of local history down to size and will keep your students coming back to explore more on their own for years to come. Activities and special programs can also be customized to fit your specific curriculum needs and are available for public & private school groups, home school groups and summer camps.
Some of the children’s programs currently offered are:
• Exploring Collier County History
• The Calusa Indians: Southwest Florida’s First People
• The Calusa Indians and the Spanish Explorers
• Native American Tribes of Southwest Florida: From Calusa to Seminole Indians
• Pioneer Life in Southwest Florida
• My Florida Heritage: Fun Facts about the State of Florida
• Famous Floridians: The People Who Made Our State Great
Helpful Scheduling Information
• Tours are offered FREE of charge to school groups, including adult chaperones, and members of degree-seeking adult groups. We respectfully request a minimum of 3-4 weeks advanced scheduling notice for all tours. To request a tour, please use the form below. You will be contacted by the Curator of Education once the online form is submitted.
• If you need to cancel or think you may arrive late, please contact the museum as soon as possible at (239) 252-8242 or (239) 252-8476.
• All Museums are handicapped accessible.
If you have any questions concerning a program and/or field trip, please call the Curator of Education at (239) 252-8242 or Send an Email
Sign Up for Tours and Programs