Collier County Museums are dedicated to offering a wide variety of educational presentations, tours and programs designed to bring out everyone’s inner historian. From the enduring Calusa to the hardworking pioneers, our educational programs offer a greater understanding of the rich history of Southwest Florida.
Due to Covid restrictions, we are unable to conduct in-person guided tours. If you would like to discuss a virtual field-trip option please contact Elaina Gyure, Curator of Education at email@example.com or 239-252-8476
Looking for our upcoming programs and events? Visit our Event Calendar page.
Teacher Information: School & Home School Programs
The Collier County Museums offer an exciting, curriculum-based learning experience that will introduce your students to the rich history of Southwest Florida. Grade level appropriate guided tours and activities bring the basics of local history down to size and will keep your students coming back to explore more on their own for years to come. Activities and special programs can also be customized to fit your specific curriculum needs and are available for public & private school groups, home school groups and summer camps.
Can’t come to us? Call us about presenting at your school.
We currently offer the following presentation topics:
- Exploring Collier County History
- The Calusa Indians: Southwest Florida’s First People
- The Calusa Indians and the Spanish Explorers
- Native American Tribes of Southwest Florida: From Calusa to Seminole Indians
- Pioneer Life in Southwest Florida
- My Florida Heritage: Fun Facts about the State of Florida
- Famous Floridians: The People Who Made Our State Great
Helpful Scheduling Information
- Tours are offered FREE of charge to school groups, including adult chaperones, and members of degree-seeking adult groups. We respectfully request a minimum of 3-4 weeks advanced scheduling notice for all tours. To request a tour, please use the form below. You will be contacted by the Curator of Education once the online form is submitted.
- If you need to cancel or think you may arrive late, please contact the museum as soon as possible at (239) 252-8242 or (239) 252-8476.
If you have any questions concerning a program and/or field trip, please call the Curator of Education at (239) 252-8242 or Email the Curator of Education
The Stories We Tell
Have you ever visited a museum and wanted to know more about the stories than what’s on the walls? With limited space, museums often have to make hard choices in deciding what goes on panels. Because of this, some of the many voices that make up a story can get left out. In an effort to tell a more well-rounded story, Collier County Museums are pleased to present The Stories We Tell – a podcast that digs deeper into the topics that we explore in our museums. Join our staff and special guest as we explore the stories. Click here to listen.